Wines of Catalunya: Do Penedès
- Visit charming, small, boutique wineries
- Enjoy several types of Wines and Cavas
- Discover the local culture and cuisine
World Class Wines and Cavas – Dynamic tastings and local cuisine in exclusive, boutique wineries.
Just south of Barcelona lie the green valleys and steep rolling hills of the world renown El Penedès wine region, an amazing and conveniently close destination perfect for a small group day tour. This privileged Catalan wine region has always been known in the world of viticulture as a front-runner in Spain boasting an incredible variety of high-quality, innovative ecological (organic) cavas, reds and white wines.
These Spanish Trails® all-inclusive tours provide you with a truly unique and personalized opportunity to enjoy authentic local flavors via food and wine tasting in private, boutique cellars of the Penedès. These wine tours are all day, easy-paced, wine and food infused small group day tours for a maximum of eight guests (open tours) but can accommodate more for private larger groups. Your Spanish Trails guide for the day will keep the day entertaining and very informative combining his/her local knowledge with their love for the local culture and cuisine.
These experiences are designed and tailored for connoisseurs and general wine enthusiasts who would like to learn about wine and cava, including elaboration methods of the past and present. Wines of Catalonia tours visit charming, small, boutique wineries where the local, resident winemakers host us personally and exclusively. A traditional meal of Catalan fare is served to you at one of the venues whilst you enjoy extensive and varied pours of whites, rosés and reserve reds and cavas. Tastings year-round. Salut!
Comfortable clothing suited for potential temperature fluctuations
Comfortable walking shoes
Umbrella or raincoat (if necessary)
- Very knowledgeable and entertaining, English-speaking guide
- Transportation in a modern, air conditioned touring van
- Two winery visits
- Wine tastings
- Traditional lunch inside a winery
What's not included
- Cancel up to 7 days before to get a full refund.
- Cancel up to 3 days before to get a 70% refund.
- Cancel up to 1 day before to get a 50% refund.
- Cancel up less than 1 day before, no refund.