When Rum Ran the Rocks - Sydney Rum Tour
When to book - availability
- Learn about Sydney’s oldest pubs, the first breweries, amazing convict tales, and the rebellion over the precious rum
- Taste amazing Rum and other drinks while listening to the stories about the City
Wind your way through the back alleyways, up the steps and back in time to uncover the stories and people who shaped this fledgling colony. Hear all about Sydney’s oldest pubs, the first breweries, amazing convict tales, and a rebellion over the most precious drink of all... rum!
As Australia’s first neighbourhood, the Rocks was literally cut from the sandstone cliffs that rise above Sydney Harbour. On this Sydney walking tour, we’ll carve out a narrative of this neighbourhood’s history, starting with the convicts that were forced to settle here and their amazing tales of survival and
Along the way on this Sydney Rocks tour we’ll make pit stops at some classic local spots. Explore the once seedy back alleyways, which today are very safe and feature many great photo opportunities as well as great cafes, bars and restaurants.
From there we’ll delve deeper into some of the most unique and off-the-beatentrack parts of the Rocks. You’ll hear more intriguing historical stories and we’ll also visit an archaeological site like no other in Australia, before hunkering down to enjoy one last beer together.
2.5 hour guided walking tour
Stops for two additional drinks
What's not included
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips or gratuities for guides
- Bottled water
- Cancel within: 48 hours
- If the booking is cancelled less than 48 hours prior to travel, 100% of the total cost of the booking will be charged as a cancellation fee.
- Tour date changes are available with 24 hours notice, subject to availability.