Walking Food Tour of Les Halles
Experience the modern but authentically Parisian atmosphere, alongside traditional food shops in this unique tour!
When to book - availability
- Exchange with your guide, an expert in French food and gastronomy
- Enjoy detailed descriptions about this Parisian neighborhood
- Meet merchants and artisan producers
- Taste sweet and salty treats as well as beverages synonymous with French gastronomy
This experience is an insider’s culinary tour of Paris through one of the city’s central and most notable districts, the neighborhood of the ancient marketplace, les Halles, or as it was often called, “the Belly of Paris”.
During a visit to the rue Montorgueil and its immediate surroundings, your guide, specialized in food and French culture, will help you discover the rich history of this neighborhood. During this guided food tour in Les Halles, you will discover renowned restaurants like L’Escargot Montorgueil, as well as traditional food shops, including, butchers, fish mongers, green grocers, bakers and pastry makers, like the famous Stohrer. For some of the older merchants, their rich history stretches back several centuries making them fundamental aspects of France’s culinary tradition.
To conclude this gourmet walking tour in Paris, and if time and weather permit, we will share a picnic to sample typical French products. If weather does not allow for a picnic, tastings will be held throughout the day at our partners’ various shops.
- Guided walking city tour of Les Halles
- Food tastings
- Your guide, a French Food Expert