Trasimeno boat race 2017 and amazing Umbrian food and wine
- 3 persons and more: €860.00 per person
- 5 persons and more: €750.00 per person
When to book - availability
- Hands-on cooking classes - prepare a four course lunch that you will eat at the end of the class
- Taste local Umbrian specialties and the wines
- Enjoy Palio of the Boats event
- Assisi Tour - Assisi’s walls and the St. Damiano church
- Tour in medieval cities of Bevagna and Montefalco
- Accomodation in the apartment of the farmhouse "La volpe e l'uva"
Each year the last Sunday of July in Passignano on the Trasimeno lake there is an exciting and original event: the “Palio delle barche” (Palio of the boats). The Palio of the Boats is a historical commemoration of the last act of hostility between the noble families of the Baglioni and Oddi of Perugia: a bloody battle that, in 1945, has seen Passignano at the center of military operations. In this battle a small army of Oddi family had to flee from the castle, boats on their shoulders, chased by the militias of the Baglioni and Della Corgna families. The Palio of the boats takes place in three phases: the first and third in the water, the second on the land along the narrow streets of the old town of Passignano.
During the week of the Palio, the four districts of the village organize taverns “typical restaurants” where the visitors can taste recipes from the Trasimeno region and where they are entertainer with shows and historical representations in costume. You will also visit the city of Assisi and enjoy a Wine Tour in Montefalco.
DAY BY DAY ITINERARY OF THE TOUR
Friday 28th July– Arrive in Perugia
Arrival at the country farm “La volpe e l’uva” (Perugia, Central Italy, Umbria, near Tuscany).
Check-in your apartment at 4:00 pm.
Saturday 29th July Cooking + Assisi Tours Morning.
Hands-on cooking class starts around 10:00 am. You will prepare a four course lunch that you will eat at the end of the class, accompanied by our wines. Afternoon. You will visit the mystical city of Assisi, a beautiful medieval town based on Mount Subasio, overlooking a peaceful Umbrian landscape. Assisi is essentially known for the fact that it’s the place of birth of St. Francis in and that of Santa Chiara. You will visit the city and the famous churches like the St. Francis Church filled with spectacular frescoes by Giotto, and also the Eremo delle Carceri, a peacefully isolated church and monastery in the wooded slopes just outside Assisi’s walls and the St. Damiano church .Professional guide in the tour.
Sunday 30th July – Cooking + Palio of the Boats Morning.
Hands-on cooking class starts around 10:00am. You will prepare a four course lunch that you will eat at the end of the class, accompanied by our wines. Afernoon: You will visit the beautiful village of Passignano near the Trasimeno Lake accompanied by a guide, you will witness the Palio of the Boats and you will have time to taste the typical dishes of this part of Umbria in one of the characteristics taverns only open during this event.
Monday 31th August – Cooking + Wine Tour in Montefalco Morning.
Hands-on cooking class starts around 10:00am. You will prepare a four course lunch that you will eat at the end of the class, accompanied by our wines. Afternoon.It is a wine tour in a winery that produces Sagrantino di Montefalco DOCGS. You will have a guided tour of the vineyard, cellars finishing up with a test of local Umbrian specialties and the wines. You will also visit the medieval cities of Bevagna and Montefalco
Tuesday 1st August – Departure.
- Accommodation in the apartment of the farmhouse “la volpe e l’uva” in Perugia (40mq, lounge with cooking area and double sofa bed double bedroom and bathroom), included bed linen, towels, final cleaning. Extra heating on consumption.
- 3 breakfasts (in your apartment you will find coffee, milk, biscuits, jams, butter and sugar)
- 3 cooking classes of approximately 4 hours,
- 3 Four course meal from the cooking lesson;
- Umbrian wines during meals, liquors for after dinner/lunch;
- Certificate of participation;
- Folder with all the recipes;
- Apron of Let’s cook in Umbria
- Assisi Tour
- Palio of the Boats
- Wine Tour in Montefalco
- Cancel up to 30 days before - get 70% refund.
- Cancel up between 30 and 14 days before - get 50% refund.
- Cancel 14 days before and - no refund possible.