The Unpronounceable wines tour – Neszmély, Hungary
- 12 persons and more: €105.00 per person
- 13 persons and more: €105.00 per person
- 14 persons and more: €105.00 per person
- 15 persons and more: €105.00 per person
- 16 persons and more: €105.00 per person
When to book - availability
- Trip to the Neszmély wine region
- Cellar visit of two typical wineries of the region
- Tasting of 10-12 wines with presentation
- Lunch at one of the wine estates
- Short vineyard tour
- Wine a'More's wine tour guide"
Neszmély a small wine region in northern Hungary is known for it`s most successful grapes in the 1500 hectares’ vineyards are the aromatic white varieties mostly with high-acidity. Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris, Irsai Oliver and Olaszrizling are the most widespread examples, however Chardonnay is also doing well here.
Wine searchers can find an increasing number of wines here. The tiny riverside town of Neszmély (after which the region is named) is the home of the region’s best-known winery by far: Hilltop.
Located on a hill overlooking the Danube, the Hilltop winery’s range of wines – particularly the whites made from Cserszegi Fűszeres, Irsai Oliver and Grüner Veltliner – have been attracting a great deal of international attention.
Other smaller scale producers appeared in the past decades with very good wines.
Departure from Budapest at 10:00 a.m.
After a good one hour drive we arrive in Neszmély wine region. Tasting and cellar visit in a local winery.
After lunch short walk through the vineyards, followed by a second cellar visit and tasting.
During the tour we will have all the information about the past and present of the region and taste typical wines of the region.
Arrive in Budapest cca 17.00 p.m.
- Travel from and to Budapest by minibus
- 2 wine tastings and cellar visits
- Lunch at a wine estate
- Vineyard tour
- Wine a’More’s wine tour guide
What's not included
- Personal expenses
- Drinks and food other than detailed in the program