Tastes of Istria Tour
When to book - availability
- Explore a goat farm and learn about organic cheese making
- Visit a local winery and meet the spirit of Istrian wines
- Join a guided olive oil tasting and learn to feel the difference
- Drive on istrian country roads in a small group
You will be picked-up at your accommodation and your culinary journey starts at the olive oil producer (Istrian Master Producer Nino says: You always start with the oil). Your host guides you through a professional olive oil tasting and shares his secrets of olive oil making and tasting with you.
Afterwards you meet about 250 goats at an organic cheese farm. The host is taking you on a tour through the whole proces of organic cheese making. After you met the goats you sit down at a wooden table to enjoy a relaxed Istrian Brunch with nuts, homemade bread, wine, lots of cheese, fruits and other. The last part of the tour is visiting an Istrian wine cellar.
Try more than 5 different wines and learn about local grape variaties like Malvazija, Teran and Istrian Versions of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chardonnay and eventually one variaty you never tasted before.
- Pick-up & drop-off at your accommodation
- Professional guide
- 1x Istrian brunch at goat farm
- 1x Wine cellar visit and tasting
- 1x Guided olive oil tasting at oil mill