Street Food of Palermo (Summer)
Join the very first street food launched in Palermo and discover the city in a few steps and bites of amazing traditional food!
When to book - availability
- Live a 100% Sicilian Experience
- Taste amazing traditional street food
- Walk through the main historical attractions of the city center
- Vendors are carefully selected to offer an unique experience
Streaty Palermo has been designed with the specific purpose of giving travelers the chance to live a 100% Sicilian Experience…a tasty one! The uniqueness of Palermitan street food doesn’t simply lie in its variety and rich flavours, but also in the ability that every dish has to tell a historical chapter of the Sicilian capital. Vendors have been carefully selected based on the quality of food and the authenticity of the location.
Streaty Palermo is the very first street food tour ever launched in Sicily. A relaxing 4hr walk with a young licensed guide to enjoy the markets and monuments of Palermo city center and taste the best local street food.
Not only food! The walk also goes through the main historical attractions of the city center, such as piazza dei Quattro Canti, piazza della Vergogna and the Cathedral, to give participants a complete overview of local history and culture. In fact, all Streaty guides are fully-licensed to lead travelers in all historical sites.
This tour is better recommended as first activity in town. This is also the ideal shore excursion for cruisers spending few hours in town: Streaty gives cruisers the chance to maximize their short stay and catch the real soul of Palermo in few steps and few bites.
Summertime mode also means: Cannoli off, Ice cream on. Even though most of tour companies offer tourists cannoli dessert all year round because this is what tourists want, Streaty don’t. You must know that cannoli is a winter dessert and that locals in summertime prefer a fresh Broscia col gelato (ice cream sandwich), this is the last sweet treat of our summer tour
MUST KNOW BEFORE YOU BOOK:
- Sicilian street food is about snacks (no fancy pastas)
- Some specialty also contains calf entrails
- Street food is strictly eaten by hands (*napkins are provided)
- Street food is cooked and served in modest places where toilets do not smell of roses
- Even though Sicily is an Island, the only fish you can occasionally find in traditional street food are anchovies
- Gluten free and dairy free options are not available
- Not all specialties listed in the Foodie’s passport are available on a daily basis. The foodie’s passport must be considered merely as a souvenir.
- All food and drinks offered by the Streaty guides are included in the price. Extras or seconds are on participants’ expense
- Water is not included. However, travelers have many chances to buy it along the way
- The above listed points may not be applicable to private tours
- There are very few chances to sit along the walk
- Dogs are not ammitted in group tours. See private tours
- Average summer temperature : 30 C° / 84 F°
- We recommend wearing comfy shoes all year round
- Smoking: please avoid smoking during sampling stops
- Guided walking tour around Capo and Vucciria market with a licensed tour guide
- Food: at least 5 traditional street food specialties
- Bread and olives
- Glass of wine at the oldest bar downtown
- Ice cream
- Personal Foodie’s Passport
- Cancel up to 48 hours before the tour to get full refund.
- Cancel after 48 hours, no refund