Street Food of Catania
Join this unique food tour in Catania and discover the city in a few steps and bites of amazing traditional food!
When to book - availability
- Live a 100% Catanese Experience
- Taste amazing traditional street food
- Walk through the main historical attractions of the city center
- Vendors are carefully selected to offer an unique experience
The authentic street food tour of Catania. A relaxing 3hr walk with a young licensed guide to enjoy the markets and monuments of the city center and taste the best local street food.
Streaty Catania has been designed with the specific purpose of giving travelers the chance to live a 100% Catanese Experience…a tasty one! The vibrant 2700 year old city of Catania hides many unexpected flavours that you won’t find in restaurants or listed in guidebooks!
Not only food! The itinerary goes through the main historical streets and squares of the city center, such as piazza Duomo, the Pescheria (fish market), via dei Crociferi and piazza Stesicoro, to give participants a complete overview of local history and culture. All Streaty guides are fully-licensed to lead travelers in all historical sites. Visits inside churches or historical palaces are not included on this tour.
Streaty Catania is better recommended as first activity in town. This is also the ideal shore excursion for cruisers spending few hours in town: Streaty gives cruisers the chance to maximize their short stay and catch the real soul of Catania in few steps and few bites.
MUST KNOW BEFORE YOU BOOK:
- Sicilian street food is about snacks (no fancy pastas)
- Some specialty also contains calf entrails
- Street food is strictly eaten by hands (*napkins are provided)
- Street food is cooked and served in modest places where toilets do not smell of roses
- Even though Sicily is an Island, the only fish you can occasionally find in traditional street food are anchovies
- Gluten free and dairy free options are not available
- Not all specialties listed in the Foodie’s passport are available on a daily basis. The foodie’s passport must be considered merely as a souvenir.
- All food and drinks offered by the Streaty guides are included in the price. Extras or seconds are on participants’ expense
- Water is not included. However, travelers have many chances to buy it along the way
- The above listed points may not be applicable to private tours
- There are very few chances to sit along the walk
- The winter tour is not recommended to travelers with limited walking capacity.
- Dogs are not ammitted in group tours. See private tours
- Average winter temperature : 15 C° / 59 F°
- We recommend wearing comfy shoes all year round
- Smoking: please avoid smoking during sampling stops
- Guided walking tour of the city center with a licensed tour guide
- Food: at least 4 traditional street food specialties
- Seasonal jolly: typical seasonal food
- Glass of Catanese sparkling syrup
- Seasonal dessert: granita (Sicilian slush)
- Personal Foodie’s Passport
- Cancel up to 48 hours before the tour to get full refund.
- Cancel after 48 hours, no refund