Setúbal Wine tasting Private Tour
You’ll stop in a pair of the region's cellars and a special liqueur producer. Here you will taste fine locally produced wines and marvel at the spectacular mountain scenery.
When to book - availability
Tantalize your taste buds on this private guided Setúbal region wine trip from Lisbon. You will stop in three of the region’s cellars, tasting up to 10 different wines. Besides that, you also will taste fine traditional locally produced products, and marvel at the spectacular mountain scenery.
Starts at: 09:00 | We will pick you up and then set off to: cross the old bridge over the Tagus river take a 35 minute drive to Azeitão visit several famous wine cellars of the region.
On this full-day tour you’ll travel first to Azeitão, an area that’s well known for its wines and cheese. You’ll visit some of the region's top wine cellars and taste fine wines. Our first stop will be at the renowned wine cellars of José Maria da Fonseca, where you’ll learn about the winery’s history, since 1834, and sample 2 of its wines.
Next you’ll visit Quinta de Alcube, a wine cellar owned by a family for over a century. It is a traditional cellar that produces only 250,000 litters per year. Here you will taste 6 of their wines. These wines are only sold directly to customers, making it difficult to find in shops.
In your third and final experience, taste up to 3 more wines. It will be in the wine regions “Mother House”, where you can see and taste, what most of the 21 different wineries in this region produce. You will also sample some traditional local produced cheese, bread and other goods. In addition to all the tastings, you will marvel at the views of the Arrábida Natural Park, mountain range and its history.
Know Before You Go
- Be sure to bring comfortable shoes, sunscreen, and a camera.
- At time of booking, hotel/Airbnb etc. clients must provide the following information at time of booking: hotel name and address
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Dress code is smart casual
- Pick-up and drop off at a hotel or cruise port in Lisbon;
- Transportation by air-conditioned car or van;
- 10 Wines in total in the three cellars you will visit;
- Tasting of traditional cheese breads and other goods;
- Entrance fees;
- Private guide;
What's not included
- Lunch and any other items not mentioned in the description.
- Cancel up to 2 days before to get a full refund.