Setúbal Wine tasting Private Tour
You’ll stop in a pair of the region's cellars and a special liqueur producer. Here you will taste fine locally produced wines and liqueurs, and marvel at the spectacular mountain scenery.
When to book - availability
- Admire breath-taking views of the Arrábida Natural Park mountain range
- Venture to one of Portugal’s most scenic wine countries with an expert guide
- Sip Portuguese wine as you learn about the local varietals and some special liqueur producer
- A full-day private tour and wine tasting in Setúbal, departing from Lisbon "
Tantalize your taste buds on this private guided Setúbal region wine trip from Lisbon. You’ll stop in a pair of the region's cellars and a special liqueur producer. Here you will taste fine locally produced wines and liqueurs, and marvel at the spectacular mountain scenery.
Starts at: 09:00 | We will pick you up and then set off to: cross the old bridge over the Tagus river take a 25 minute drive to Azeitão visit several famous wine cellars of the region.
On this full-day tour you’ll travel first to Azeitão, an area that’s well known for its wines and cheese. You’ll visit some of the region's top wine cellars and taste fine wines. Our first stop will be at the renowned wine cellars of José Maria da Fonseca, where you’ll learn about the winery’s history, since 1834, and sample 2 of its wines.
Next you’ll visit Quinta de Alcube, a wine cellar owned by a family for over a century. It is a traditional cellar that produces only 250,000 litters per year. Here you will taste 6 of their wines. These wines are only sold directly to customers, making it difficult to find in shops.
Your third and final tasting stop is at another family owned cellar, Lima Fortuna, where you’ll learn what they produce and taste the famous cheese, sweets, and also 4 liqueurs that are made from a 300-year-old recipe. In addition to all the tastings, you’ll marvel at the views of the Arrábida Natural Park, mountain range and its history.
Know Before You Go
- Be sure to bring comfortable shoes, sunscreen, and a camera.
- At time of booking, hotel/Airbnb etc. clients must provide the following information at time of booking: hotel name and address
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Dress code is smart casual
- Pick-up and drop off at a hotel or cruise port in Lisbon;
- Transportation by air-conditioned car or van;
- 8 Wines, 4 liqueurs, cheese, bread and traditional sweets tasting;
- Entrance fees;
- Private guide;
- Bottled water.
What's not included
- Lunch and any other items not mentioned in the description.
- Cancel up to 2 days before to get a full refund.