Rías Baixas 1 Day Tour
When to book - availability
- Visit two state of the art wineries where we learn the ins and outs of an ancient winemaking tradition unique in Europe.
- Taste amazing wines produced in the wineries
- Have a relaxed and unhurried lunch featuring excellent D.O. Rías Baixas wines in one of the best restaurant of Galicia
We will be visiting two state of the art wineries where we learn the ins and outs of an ancient winemaking tradition unique in Europe.
Our day begins at 9.30am when we pick you up from your hotel or the agreed pick up point. Our chauffeur will then drive us to Cambados, the capital of Albariño country. After a short stroll around the charming Praza de Fefiñans, we’ll head for our first winery.
At each winery we’ll hear the winemakers explain how they work their magic, learning about the whole process from the hectic harvest period to the bottling of a new vintage. After that we’ll taste the wines, comment on the differences from one vintage to another, the pros and cons of fermentation over lees, ageing in barriques and so on.
By now our taste buds will be working overtime so it’ll be time for some lunch. We pride ourselves on taking you to the very finest restaurants in Galicia, some of them boast Michelin stars, where modern Galician cuisine is at the forefront of things. Other restaurants we visit are time-honoured institutions that have been drawing the crowds for decades, where one almost has to fight for a table.
After a relaxed and unhurried lunch featuring excellent D.O. Rías Baixas wines, we’ll head for one of the delights of Galicia, a pazo or stately home, with beautiful landscaped gardens where the prize attraction in spring are blooming Camellia trees. Although native to Japan they thrive extremely well in the Galician climate. After coffee or camellia tea here we’ll then head back to your hotel, dropping you off at around 7pm.
- Professional host
- All transport
- All admissions
- Lunch with D.O. Rías Baixas wines and all host ordered drinks and snacks.
- Visit to Pazo and Gardens with refreshments.
- Three to five tastings at two different locations.
- Chauffeur driven 27 seat air-conditioned minibus.
For cancellations made more than 30 days in advance of the tour departure date, refund of the total amount paid by the client less a 75 Euro administration fee per person plus any applicable bank charges.
No refunds shall be made for cancellations made less than 30 days in advance of the tour departure date.