Primitivo Cheese Tasting tour Istria (Half day)
When to book - availability
- Meet 200 goats at the farm
- Mouthwatering istrian cheese brunch
- Visit an awarded artisan cheese production
- Soak in the atmosphere of istrian village life
Away from all possible tourist spots in Istria, inbetween traditional stone houses lies a village in the dry istrian savannah. Goats are chewing grass and white long-haired guardian dogs are lying in the grass with half-opened eyes like lazy lions.
At the Štancija (istrian ranch) you will not only find a glass of thick Teran (dark local red wine) but also an awarded artisan cheese production.
- After pick-up at your accommodation you'll enjoy a drive to the goat farm. There you will receive a warm welcome by the cheese artisans.
- Then you meet the goats and visit the farm.
- Afterwards you will get a tour inside the modern cheese production to see how awarded cheese is being made.
- After visiting the cheese production it is time to sit down at a wooden table to get a real istrian brunch with homemade bread, seasonal fruits, wine and several cheeses of texture and age.
- Happy, deeply relaxed and with a satisfying taste in your mouth you return to your accommodation.
Tour duration is approximately 3-4 hours (depending on where you stay).
- Pick-up & Drop-off at your accommodation
- Air conditioned transport
- Professional english speaking guide
- Visit cheese production and goat farm
- Istrian brunch with cheeses and drinks