Presqu’île Cooking Class, Lyon
- 2 persons and more: €221.00 per person
- 3 persons and more: €147.00 per person
- 4 persons and more: €111.00 per person
- 5 persons and more: €89.00 per person
- 6 persons and more: €74.00 per person
When to book - availability
- A cultural and gourmet itinerary
- An original walk through the heart of the city
- Taste amazing products of the Lyons gastronomy
- Learn how to prepare a “cervelle de canut”
We start the visit at Place des Terreaux. You will be able to contemplate the treasures of Lyons’ architectural heritage. Between the Town Hall and Palais Saint Pierre, which houses the Museum of Fine Arts, the square, famous for its magnificent fountain by Bartholdi, was refitted in 1994 by Christian Devret and Daniel Buren. It comprises a completely original architectural complex and offers many pleasant terraces in the summer months.
During the first stopover at one of the Voisin chocolate shops, you will taste a famous “Coussin de Lyons”. This emblem of the gastronomy of Lyons recalls the shape of the cushions used by Lyons silk weavers. You will definitely enjoy this inimitable recipe comprising a chocolate coated with marzipan.
We will then make our way through the streets lined with shops. Of course, the itinerary will cross the famous Rue Mercière, famous for its authentic Lyons “bouchons”. Our dedicated guide will recount the history of Lyons gastronomy; from the traditional cooking of the “Mères” to the famous Chefs.
We will then continue our tour with a visit to a famous cake shop where we will taste the famous praline-based specialities of Lyons. This almond coated with pink sugar offers desserts a unique and delicious taste. You will also have the chance to savour various savoury specialities at one of the neighbourhood’s delicatessens.
Finally, the itinerary ends at Place Bellecour with a cookery workshop. Thanks to a fun and educational approach, you will learn the secrets of Lyons cuisine as you prepare your own “cervelle de canut”!
- All-inclusive package, visit, tastings, cookery class (30 minutes)