Pelješac Wine & Gourmet tour
Ride through the fertile plains around the Neretva river, by the port of Ploče and towards the Pelješac peninsula.
When to book - availability
- A comfortable ride through the Makarska Riviera and the Neretva Valley to Pelješac
- Wine tasting with a snack at the Matuško Winery
- Wine tasting with a snack at the Bura Mrgudić Winery
- Winery tour, wine tasting with a light dinner at the Korta Katarina Winery
- Wtay at Villa Old Fisherman’s house (*not included in the price of the tour)
We will meet at your preferred pick-up location in Dalmatia in the early morning hours. We will ride through the fertile plains around the Neretva river, by the port of Ploče and towards the Pelješac peninsula. Our first stop will be the historic town of Mali Ston where we will pause for a short coffee break or a quick sightseeing. Relax en route to the Potomje wine country, where our first wine tasting will take place in the impressive wine cellar of the Matuško Winery, whose friendly staff will introduce you to their entire lineup of reds, whites, roses, sparkling and dessert wines, made from indigenous varieties, such as Plavac Mali (from the Dingač and Postup viticultural areas), Pošip and Rukatac. Wines will be accompanied by a light snack (bread, cheese and smoked ham) and extra virgin olive oil produced by the Matuško family. After the tasting we will have a typical Dalmatian meal at the family-owned restaurant, on a lovely terrace perched on the hill above the sea.
After the lunch we will drive by impressive vineyards, located on very steep southern slopes of the Pelješac peninsula in the Postup and Dingač areas, to our next destination: the Bura Mrgudić Winery. On the tour of the family’s winery in Potomje you will taste 7 different wines (1 white wine: Plavac Mali Sivi, 5 reds: Galeria, Marica, Postup, Dingač and Zinfandel and 1 dessert wine: the Dalmatian Rose Prosecco). An alternative Bura Mrgudić tour may include a visit to the family’s wine bar in Donja Banda, called Peninsula, which offers 3 types of wine & food pairing experiences (3 kinds of cheese or chocolate).
In the early evening hours we will reach our final destination: the Korta Katarina Winery in Orebić. Our last wine tour in Pelješac will include a guided tour of the winery, an explanation of production process and the tasting of 4 KK premium wines (Pošip, Rose, Plavac Mali & Reuben’s Private Reserve) paired with local delicacies. After this light dinner we will return to the town centre to our accommodation. We will continue our trip back the next morning after breakfast. The return to your hotel/private accommodation is planned in the early afternoon hours.
- Tour for small groups (the maximum group size is 6 guests)
- Pick-up at the meeting point in the centre of Split or Dubrovnik and a trip to Mali Ston (Pelješac)
- a short sightseeing tour of Mali Ston (Pelješac) & a short ride to the Potomje Wine Country
- Tour of the Matuško Winery with wine tasting & lunch at the Matuško restaurant with beautiful sea views
- Tour of the Bura Mrgudić winery with wine tasting
- Tour of the Korta Katarina Winery with wine tasting and a light dinner
- Overnight stay in an old Dalmatian stone house (*not included in the price of the tour)
- Breakfast by the sea at the Stari Kapetan restaurant
- a visit to the Salt Ponds in Mali Ston
- Transport back to the meeting point
What's not included
- Overnight stay not included in the price