Siracusa Cooking Class and Ortigia Market Tour
When to book - availability
- Walk through the historical area of Palermo and enjoy its traditional cuisine
- Enjoy tastings in three different venues
- Taste amazing sicilian Wine and liquor
- Hear stories about our food from your Guide
Walking through one of the most elegant and historical area of Palermo find out old, traditional and authentic taverns where You can savour a variety of typical food, wines, pastries and liquors to get a real taste of Palermo alternative to the street food.
A unique occasion to eat as a local avoiding tourist places and dive inside into the beauty of historical city center.
Start Your Tour in La Kalsa area, one of the 4 old historical districts of Palermo with our Guide who will lead You through the most authentic taverns sharing with You the pleasure of Palermo’s cuisine which is famous all around Italy and one of the most tasty, fancy and colorful. Visiting hidden places and avoiding the tourist path You will stop in a family Tavern where You will be welcomed with a glass of Prosecco. Taste several samples of fresh seafood dishes in unique Palermo style accompanied by a Palermo region white wine.
Continue strolling through la Kalsa area enjoying the old historical buildings and squares that make this area one of the most elegant such as Piazza Croce dei Vespri and San Francesco d’Assisi Church. Reaching the second venue You will try different samples of land food and typical specialities of palermo cuisine (Parmigiana Rolls, Caponata, Anchovies in Palermo style, Panelle, Arancini) in one of the most beautiful square accompanied by 2 different Palermo red wine.
Following our Guide, and his wonderful stories about food, wine and history You will reach the last venue a famous pastry shop to finish Your Tour with a sweet moment of Palermo’s delicatessen and liquors in the 4 Canti Area.
FIRST VENUE SEAFOOD & WHITE WINE TASTING
*2 Prestige Sicilian white Wine tasting*
*4 Typical Sicilian appetizer fresh fish tasting*
SECOND VENUE LANDFOOD & RED WINE TASTING
*2 Prestige Red Sicilian Wine tasting
(Nero d’avola, Cerasuolo di Vittoria)*
*Aubergine Parmigiana Rolls*
*Filled in Rolls of the day*
*Fried Caponata in Palermo style*
THIRD VENUE SWEETS & LIQUORS TASTING
*Sicilian Cannolo with ricotta cheese*
*Malvasia liquor tasting*
*Marsala liquor tasting*
- 4 hours Cooking Class with visit of Ortigia Market
- several samples of typical Sicilian Street Food
- Wine tasting
- Typical Sicilian Lunch
- Vat & Taxes
What's not included
- Cancel via email up to 2 days before scheduled tour departure to get a full refund.
- Cancel between 3 and 7 days before scheduled tour departure to get a 50% refund.
- Cancel less than 3 working days before scheduled tour departure or if costumers do not show up, no refunds will be given.