Olive Picking Tour on Solta Island, Croatia
Enjoy a private tour to Solta Island and participate in a traditional olive harvest. Meet the locals and olive masters. See your harvested olives being processed and get your own bottle of fresh extra virgin olive oil.
- 4 persons and more: €81.00 per person
When to book - availability
- Enjoy late October in Dalmatia
- Harvesting the olives with local family
- See the olives been processed
- Lunch with wine and olive oil
When you arrive in Solta, you will be guided to the groves to participate for two hours in a traditional olive harvest with a local family. They will teach you how to harvest by hand and you will enjoy the traditional harvesting on late summer sunshine. You will hear many interesting stories about the island and its people. At least one of your hosts will speak English fluently, but take the opportunity to learn some words in Croatian too.
After two hours of harvesting in a relaxing atmosphere, it is time for lunch and for processing the olives. We shall go then to Olynthia Olive Mill to process the olives. It is an amazing experience to be able to see on the place how extra virgin olive is extracted from the fruit in only in 1 hour, with the help of latest technology.
During your lunch, you will be taught how to taste olive oil while drinking local wine. Learning and experiencing something new is always challenging, especially tasting olive oil. Our “Olive Oil Tasting” program will teach you how to taste olive oil the same way professionals do. It’s an unforgettable experience which you can later share with your family and friends.
After lunch you will get small bottle of the fresh cold pressed extra virgin olive oil as a memory from your olive picking experience.
THINGS TO BRING: bathing suite if you wish to swimm
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Time spent on the tour is effective, and does not include waiting or ferry ride
- Our guides are local and experienced
STARTING TIMES: October 2nd - October 15th every day at 12:15 pm,
*Ferry from Split departs exactly 1 hour before the starting time. See ferry schedule on the bottom of the page.
- Private guide
- All programs
- Lunch with wine and bottle of fresh olive oil
What's not included
- Ferry tickets
- For cancellation made up to 10 days before the the tour starts cancellation fee is 10% of the booking price,
- For cancellation made up to 2 days before the tour starts cancellation fee is 20% of the booking price.
- No refunds can be provided for late arrivals or no shows.