Olive Oil Tour of Solta, Croatia
Spend the day on Solta Island on this relaxing private tour. Learn everything about olive oil, meet the locals, enjoy guided tastings and lunch with wine.
- Visit olive groves and olive mill
- Guided tastings with the owner
- Lunch pairing olive oil with different dishes
- Private tour for more pesonalized experience
Olive Oil Tour of Solta starts with a personally guided walk through the ancient groves. You will love the ride through the island’s untouched nature, with its smells of grass and herbs. In the groves you will meet one of our olive masters who will talk about the oldest cultivated tree in the world. And you will see, touch and feel the leaves and bark of a tree that is more than 1000 years old as you learn all about farming, indigenous Dalmatian varieties of olives and the lifestyles of olive growers on Solta.
The Olive Tour gives you the experience of practically being an islander yourself. We’ll take a relaxing walk through one of the island’s most beautiful typical villages – winding narrow streets, ancient stone houses, life as it has been for countless generations.
When we come to the mill, you will enjoy our full “Taste like a pro” program to understand how to produce the highest quality oil using a blend of tradition and the latest knowledge.
Learning and experience something new is always challenging, especially tasting olive oil. Our “Olive Oil Tasting” program will teach you how to taste olive oil the same way professionals do. It’s an unforgettable experience which you can later share with your family and friends.
Not only will you learn how to taste oil like a pro, but we have special programs where you can learn all about the history of olive oil; discover the importance of the relationship between olive trees and man in this area of the Mediterranean; see how olives are processed into oil and earn all about the quality of olive oil and how it affects your health.
After tasting different oils, immerse in exquisite and unexpected flavors of unique and all naturally flavored olive oils with garlic, lemon, oranges, thyme, rosemary , basil or oregano. If you remain for lunch you will learn how to pair different oil with different dishes and enjoy a very specific local wine. And of course you can browse the Olynthia store for one of the best Croatia extra virgin olive oils. This is ideal place for your gifts.
After lunch is reserved for relaxing walk, swimming or sightseeing the island. It depends on your wishes. At the end of the tour we shall drive you to the ferry port where you can take the ferry back to Split.
THINGS TO BRING: bathing suite if you wish to swimm
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Time spent on the tour is effective, and does not include waiting or ferry ride
- Ferry from Split departs exactly 1 hour before the starting time.
- During July and August we recommend earlier ferry to awoid the heat
- April 1st - Jun 1st every day at 12:15 pm,
- Jun 2nd - October 1st every day at 10:15 am or 12:45 pm
- October 2nd - October 29th every day at 12:15 pm
- *Ferry from Split departs exactly 1 hour before the starting time.
- All programs,
- Local and experienced guide,
- Private tour
What's not included
- Ferry tickets
- For cancellation made up to 10 days before the the tour starts cancellation fee is 10% of the booking price,
- For cancellation made up to 2 days before the tour starts cancellation fee is 20% of the booking price.
- No refunds can be provided for late arrivals or no shows.