Novigrad Wine & Gourmet tour
Discover the hidden gem of the Northern Dalmatia – the hillside town of Novigrad!
- 3 persons and more: €175.00 per person
- 4 persons and more: €151.00 per person
- 6 persons and more: €140.00 per person
When to book - availability
- morning: a visit to an organic olive grove + olive oil tasting at OPG Ivica Vlatković
- noon: Novigrad town tour
- early afternoon: wine & home-made brandy tasting + lunch at OPG Anzulović
- late afternoon: wine tasting at the Vlatković winery/tavern
Discover the hidden gem of the Northern Dalmatia – the hillside town of Novigrad. We’ll depart from your preferred location in the early morning hours. Our first stop will be a beautiful organic olive grove, where you will enjoy a refreshing walk among different kinds of olive trees and a brief introduction into olive cultivation. Your guide will be the owner and one of the top tier olive oil producers in Croatia, the local champion Mr. Ivica Vlatković, M.D.
Having finished the half-hour olive grove tour, you will be served a healthy snack consisting of delicious local cheese, wholegrain bread and the most excellent extra virgin olive oil. After that, we will return to the town centre, explore its narrow cobbled streets and climb up to a 13th century fortress built on the hilltop. You will be able to relax by the sea and have a cup of coffee in one of the cafés on the promenade.
We will have lunch in a traditional Dalmatian tavern, where you will be able to savour the freshest local foods prepared either on a grill or under a ‘peka’ baking bell. The hosts, the Anzulović family, are renowned for their tasty home-made brandies with a variety of flavours. Make sure not to pass on the tasting!
Our tour ends with a visit to another family-run winery located in the centre of Novigrad. In the relaxed ambiance of an early 20thcentury tavern, the owner and the local wine expert Zvonimir Vlatković, will introduce you to his repeatedly awarded wines and interesting cuvees named after the Novigrad fortress: Fortica and Castrum Novum. After the tasting and a quick snack we will head back towards your lodging facilities.
- Pick-up at the meeting point in the centre of Zadar and a trip to Novigrad (Northern Dalmatia)
- Tour of the Vlatkovic estate: tour of a beautiful organic olive grove & organic olive oil tasting with a snack
- a short sightseeing tour of Novigrad
- Tour of the Anzulović tavern: wine & home-made brandy tasting with lunch – a traditional ‘peka’ dish
- Tour and wine tasting at the Vlatković Winery in a typical Dalmatian tavern (wines served with a snack)
- Transport back to the meeting point