Northern Dalmatia Gourmet tour
Embark on an adventurous foodie journey towards the Zadar hinterland.
- 3 persons and more: €140.00 per person
- 4 persons and more: €116.00 per person
- 5 persons and more: €105.00 per person
- 6 persons and more: €93.00 per person
When to book - availability
- Mid-/late morning: a visit to an organic olive grove + olive oil tasting at OPG Ivica Vlatković
- early afternoon: organic farm tour, charcuterie tasting + lunch at Roca-The House of the Dalmatian Prosciutto
Embark on an adventurous foodie journey towards the Zadar hinterland. We’ll depart from your preferred location in the morning hours. Our first stop will be a beautiful organic olive grove, where you will enjoy a refreshing walk among different kinds of olive trees and a brief introduction into olive cultivation. Your guide will be the owner and one of the top tier olive oil producers in Croatia, the local champion Mr. Ivica Vlatković, M.D. Having finished the half-hour olive grove tour, you will be served a healthy snack consisting of delicious local cheese, wholegrain bread and the most excellent extra virgin olive oil.
After that, we will continue our tour by driving to Stankovci, a remote Dalmatian village, located in an idyllic countryside setting resembling Tuscany. Our hosts in Roca – the House of the Dalmatian Prosciutto will give us a tour of their organic farm, tavern and a small family museum (boasting an interesting ethnographic collection). Next, we will taste their top-of-the-range meat products, including a prosciutto & pancetta pâté and sausages which are from out of this world. We will extend this gourmet experience to a delicious lunch made of the freshest local ingredients and prepared the traditional way. Our return is planned for the late afternoon hours.
- Pick-up at the meeting point in the centre of Zadar and a trip to Novigrad (Northern Dalmatia)
- Tour of the Vlatkovic estate: tour of a beautiful organic olive grove & organic olive oil tasting with a snack
- Tour of ROCA - the House of the Dalmatian Prosciutto: organic farm, tavern and a small family museum, charcuterie tasting and a traditional Dalmatian lunch
- Transport back to the meeting point