Morning Gourmet Walking Tour in the Historical Center
When to book - availability
- Learn all about Catalan culture and cuisine by visiting Barcelona's Old Town
- Tasting tour of the Santa Caterina market in El Born
- Visit several gourmet shops that specialize in artisanal products
Discover the hidden secrets of Catalan cuisine by walking through Barcelona's ancient neighborhoods, El Gótico and el Born. We'll meet bright and early, and vist the bustling Santa Caterina Market where I'll point out to your group some of our region's most typical products. We'll taste ripe tomatoes and peas and whatever else is seasonal, along with the popular salt-cured cod (bacalao).
Next we'll cross Via Laeitana to the Gothic Quarter, where we will pop into several small gourmet shops specializing in local cheeses, wines and olive oils.
We'll also visit some traditional Barcelona-style tapas bars for some local bites and I'll answer any questions you may have about Barcelona, its culture and cuisine.
- A guided tour through the Old Town of Barcelona.
- Samples of typical Catalan and Spanish products at the Santa Caterina Market.
- An assortment of local cheeses and other tapas. I'll include some of my favorites: pimientos del padron, patatas bravas and pa amb tomàquet!
- A guided tasting of three drinks of your preference (either beer, vermouth, wine or cava) with an explanation of Catalunya's different wine regions and craft beers.
- 90% of payment, if the cancellation is made 15 or more days prior to a tour;
- 75% of payment, if the cancellation is made within 14 to 7 days prior to a tour;
- 50% of payment, if the cancellation is made within 6 to 2 days prior to a tour;
- No refunds will be given for cancellations made within 48 hours prior to a tour;
- No shows will receive no refund.