Montserrat, food & wine day tour
Discover the national park of Montserrat, one of the most important landmarks of the region. Enjoy a multi-course seasonal meal and visit Oller del Mas, a millennial Castle dedicated with passion to make outstanding organic wines.
When to book - availability
- Enjoy a fantastic guided visit to Montserrat Monastery
- Free time to explore Montserrat on your own: museum, funicular de Sant Joan, Farmer’s Market
- See “La Moreneta”, the black Madonna of Montserrat
- Attend the Boys’ Choir performance (l’Escolania)*
- Relax while enjoying a delicious multi-course homemade Catalan meal with local wine
- Explore Oller del Mas, 10th century medieval castle, and its vineyards
- Taste three organic red wines paired with artisanal cheese
- Get an introduction to wine tasting"
The tour begins in Plaza Catalunya (in front of the Hard Rock Café). Upon arrival, you will be assigned to your local English-speaking guide and meet the rest of the group.
Montserrat Basilica and Monastery
Located just one hour away from central Barcelona, Montserrat is considered to be the most important mountain in Catalonia. A unique massif famous for its spirituality, its gothic shapes and beautiful view – ideal for all sort of treks and climbing. The guided tour consists of an extended visit throughout the Basilica and Monastery, after which you will have time to explore the site on your own. There are many activities to choose from – you may want to explore the monastery further, visit the museum, make your way to the holy cave, ride a funicular to the top of the mountain, or shop in the Farmer’s Market. At the end of the visit we will attend the performance by l’Escolania de Montserrat, the oldest Boys’ Choir in Europe.
Multi-course meal at a local restaurant
After Montserrat, we head to the grounds Oller del Mas, one of the most important and beautiful wineries in the region. After a short half an hour drive we will make a stop at Oller del Mas restaurant where you will be served a fabulous multi-course Catalan meal accompanied by regional wine. Believe us, this is by no means not your typical “tour food”! It is our challenge to thrill all our clients with and unforgettable feast.
Wine tasting at Oller del Mas Cellar
In the afternoon, our expert guides will be in charge of the visit to the cellar. Oller del Mas is not a common winery – its superb organic wines have earned plenty of awards in the recent years. In fact, one of its wines has recently become one of the five “vi de finca” (estate wine distinction) of Catalonia. But the cellar is not only special for its wines. Located in an impressive castle that dates back to over a thousand years ago, some of its walls still 10th century originals. You will take a stroll by the vineyards, learn how the wine is made, and discover all of its secrets.
Last but not least comes the wine tasting, where you will taste three organic wines paired with artisanal cheese. It does not matter if you have been to a hundred tastings before or if this is your first one – your guide will provide you with a few valuable hints that will surely impress your acquaintances back home.
08:30 Meet at Plaza Catalunya, 21 (in front of Hard Rock Café)
09:45 Guided tour and free time at Montserrat
13:45 Departure to Oller del Mas winery
14:15 Selected 3-course Catalan meal at Oller del Mas restaurant
16:00 Guided visit to Oller del Mas vineyards, cellar, and castle
17:00 Wine tasting (3 organic wines) and cheese platter
18:00 Departure to Barcelona*
* Please note that the way back to Barcelona takes around 1 h – 1 h 30 minutes depending on traffic conditions
- Local English speaking-guide
- Guided visit to Montserrat Monastery
- Free time at Montserrat (around 2 hours)
- Multi-course Catalan meal with wine
- Guided visit to Oller del Mas vineyards, cellar, and castle
- Three organic red wine tasting and cheese platter (3 artisanal cheese slices)
- Possibility to buy the wines tasted and to ship them home
- Bottle of water, provided towards the end of the tour
- Free Wi-fi on the bus
- Transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned bus
What's not included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tips and gratuities