Modernism & Gaudi & Gastronomy Tour
When to book - availability
- Discover modernist art; Gaudì masterpieces
- History, culture and class though the city streets
- A taste of authentic food and local Catalan products
- Intimate, entertaining guide treating you individually
Discover the Catalan bourgeoisie through the Passeig de Gracia and the Rambla de Catalunya. Experience the architecture of such masters as Gaudì, Puig i Cadafalch and Domènch i Montaner.
Feel the vibe of Barcelona’s streets, through its art galleries, theatres, cinemas and museums. This tour is for those that love the culture, and the food! Delicious local fare is savoured en- route, as we wind through the emblematic avenues that cut through the capital. The Casa Milà and Casa Batlló on the Passeig de Gracia, a few of Gaudì’s masterpieces, will be main features of the tour, then where we’ll taste some of the finest chocolate in Barcelona in a local chocolaterie nestled in a modernist house. But this is only a small part of what we’ll experience.
Your guide will begin at el 4 gats, a famous restaurant inaugurated in 1897. Picasso was a regular, as well as Gaudì. Vibrant and educational, we’ll go on to meet the architect Antoni Gaudí i Cornet through his astonishing building El Nacional, a modernist restaurant reminiscent of a train station, where we’ll stop for a small bite to eat. Then, onto the Casa Calvet, again designed by Antonio Gaudì. Then there’ll be more eating at smaller, off-the beaten track gastronomic bars. If you’re looking for a comprehensive tour of the best in modernism and fine flavours, you’ve found it.
- Professional guidance on 3km walk through Eixample, Passeig de Gracia and Sagrada Familia
- 10 modernist places (Els 4 gats, Palau de la musica Catalana, Casa Calvet, El Nacional, Casa Battlò Casa Amatler, Casa Codina, Casa Milà, Casa de Ramon Casas, Sagrada Familia)
- 2 gastronomic stop (the oldest modernist restaurants in the city, where Gaudì and Picasso used to go)
- Taxi between Casa MIla and Sagrada Familia