Médoc: Margaux getaway with "La Cité du Vin" wine museum
Visit the Médoc region with its famous vineyards and discover the new Cité du Vin.
- Enjoy amazing drive with Memosine cabriolet, a storytelling car equipped with a multimedia tablet-guide.
- Drive along charming small roads that follow the banks of the Gironde Estuary and take the legendary “Route des Châteaux” towards Margaux
- Open the door of an 1855 Grand Cru property and discover the secrets of wine-making.
- Visit La Cité du Vin a unique adventure to discover the cultures and civilisations of wine.
Enjoy a getaway in the heart of the Médoc to discover Margaux’s Great Growth Châteaux! Drive along charming small roads that follow the banks of the Gironde Estuary and take the legendary “Route des Châteaux” towards Margaux. Open the door of an 1855 Grand Cru property and discover the secrets of wine-making. The visit will conclude with a wine tasting of course! Your Memosine cabriolet, equipped with a multimedia tablet-guide is a storytelling car that offers quality commentaries, all along the way. Relax, your tablet is also a with GPS that will take you to your destination.
Would you like to make a stop at an open-air café along the river, or for a photo opportunity? Great local places are indicated throughout your trip… You are guided, but free to make stops or detours as and when you please, according to suggestions offered by your tablet.
La Cité du Vin wine museum
A must-do whilst in Bordeaux. La Cité du Vin is a unique adventure to discover the cultures and civilisations of wine. This multi-sensory experience culminates at 35 metres in La Cité du Vin’s Belvédère. Enjoy a 360° panoramic view over Bordeaux and the river whilst tasting a glass of world wine!
Example of a Program:
2:30 pm: departure from Memosine agency.
3pm: admire your first vines.
4pm: Visit of an 1855 Grand Cru Classé château followed by a wine-tasting *
5pm: legendary Castle Road to Margaux
7pm: arrival in Bordeaux.
*Château: Kirwan, Desmirail, Giscours…according to availability
- A 4h30 visit of Médoc region and Margaux at your own rhythm aboard a convertible car equipped with a GPS tablet-guide.
- Audio guide: French, English
- Fuel: Within the limit of 100 km
- Insurance: P&C insurance
- An Open/Priority**ticket: to discover La Cité du Vin when you wish.
- A media-guided visit of the Permanent Tour and a wine tasting at the Belvédère, with its splendid view over Bordeaux
- *20% cheaper than for a similar Open/queue-jump adult ticket (20€ /pers. instead of 25€)
- **Open: can be used at any time
- Priority: time-saving, no need to queue up and guaranteed entry.
Cancel up to 2 days before to get a full refund.