Mallorca Tour: Let’s Make Hierbas!
When to book - availability
- Learn how to make Hierbas, a traditional Mallorcan liquor
- Wander the hills searching out and collecting the herbs that go into the drink
- Meet with village locals and score a few ingredients from their gardens
- Enjoy a Spanish-style snack on your guide’s home patio as you watch the sunset
- Keep your own bottle of Hierbas (made by you!) to enjoy with friends back home
Locals in Mallorca love to gather with friends around a table and share some homemade Hierbas (a liquor made from anise and other local herbs). That’s why we’re inviting you to come make your own bottle of Hierbas, just like a local!
Your Mallorca tour will meet at the Palma bus station, and from there we’ll all head to your guide’s home village of Esporles, a lovely community in the Serra Tramuntana mountains (a UNESCO World Heritage site).
Once we’re in town, we’ll walk the hills and collect the herbs we’ll need to make our Hierbas liquor. You’ll get to learn about local plant life while taking in the spectacular natural landscape. But some plants are easier to find at home than on the hill, so we’ll also visit a few friends’ houses to find some leaves from lemon trees and orange trees — no better way to meet locals than by shopping in their gardens!
Once we’ve gathered all the herbs, we’ll gather ourselves on your guide’s patio and start to prepare our bottles. You’ll get to choose the herbs you prefer to put in your own personal concoction.
After all that Hierbas brewing, we’ll take a break and indulge in a merienda — a light snack typical of Mallorca. We'll nibble and have time to chat and share stories as we watch a Spanish sunset.
Your Hierbas will take three months to ferment, so it won’t be ready to drink just yet. But don’t worry, you’ll get to take your bottle home with you. Serve it to some friends back home and savour the experience, just like a Mallorca local.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Spanish snack
- All the ingredients to make Hierbas
- The Hierbas bottle.
What's not included
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Tips/gratuities for your guide.