Mallorca Tour From Sky to Sea
When to book - availability
- Head beyond the city to the beautiful Mallorca mountains and walk the “old post trail” from sky to sea
- Hang out at a hidden beach where few tourists ever go — and dive in for a watery dip or just relax on the sand
- Discover the amazing seaside village of Banyalbufar in the Serra de Tramuntana
- Enjoy a picnic lunch on the beach with typical Mallorcan food and drinks
- Learn about the Mediterranean flora of this mountain region
Instead of following the crowds, we’re keeping it super-local on this Mallorca tour that shows you where to find the real beauty that only locals know. Tag along as we trek out to a unique corner of the island, far beyond the massive beaches of the south. The true beauty of Mallorca is actually hidden to most tourists, who spend all their time on the busy beaches that everyone knows.
We’ll meet in town, then take a comfortable local bus to reach the beginning of our walk. From there, the trail we’ll follow is a historical path, once used by postmen to go from one village to another. As we walk, we’ll learn about native Mediterranean plants, and stop to admire the panoramic view from a mountaintop. We’ll land in the historical village of Serra Tramuntana and discover Arabic influences in the local architecture and agricultural traditions.
We’ll then arrive at a hidden beach — well, hidden to the tourists, that is! Locals love to go here, and we’ll join them as we soak up the sun and sea, and dig into a delicious lunch of typical Mallorcan food and drinks, such as empanadas and cocas de trampò. We’ll also dig into some delicious desserts such as ensaimada or a gatò with almonds... delicious! All of these treats come from the village’s historic bakery, and locals love them — so we’re pretty sure you’ll love them, too!
In the summer months, you can work off your lunch with a dip in the sea; in winter, just lie out in the sun and soak up that easy Mediterranean vibe.
In the afternoon, we’ll again board the local bus to take us back into Palma, where you’re free to explore on your own.
Note that this walk is medium level and along a marked trail. The walk will take about three hours (including stops), with elevations of 300 metres up and almost 400 metres down
Dress standard: Please wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes (such as sneakers or boots). Also be sure to bring sunscreen, a hat, swimsuit, towel, and a bottle of water. You may want to bring a snorkelling mask as well, so you can spot the sea life!
- Local English-speaking guide
- Lunch (one drink: such as beer, orange juice, and water)
- Local transportation fee
What's not included
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Transportation to and from the meeting point
- Tips/gratuities for your guide