Luxury Wine and Gourmet Tour through Croatia & Slovenia 6-Day
Explore unique wine and gourmet routes through Slovenia and Croatia for all who loves excellent wine and wants to try good local food.
- Meet local truffle hunter who will explain us how to hunt truffles and truffle specialties tasting.
- Visit of great wine producer in special atmosphere with wine tasting.
- Visit of sparkling wine cellar and tasting of sparkling wine.
- Taste traditional Istrian dishes.
- Memorable special slow food experience in special atmosphere.
- Visit olive oil estate and tasting of olive oils.
- Explore Goriska Brda, renowned as a Slovenian Tuscany.
- Visit picturesque Karst village Stanjel.
- Explore Ljubljana and Guided walk through the medieval Old Town and see the main attractions.
With our specialized guides and wine and gourmet experts we take you to specially selected wineries with unique atmosphere surrounded by picturesque vineyards where you try finest wine selection. We accommodate you in carefully selected charming small hotels or domestic tourist farms where local people will treat you like a king.
DAY 1 : Ljubljana airport – Abitanti – Poreč – Winery near Lim fjord – Hotel in Istria
Arrive Ljubljana airport in the morning and drive to pristine Istrian village with typical architecture. Here we will meet last villager. Meet local truffle hunter who will explain us how to hunt truffles, truffle hunting demonstration by dog, followed by delicious truffle specialties tasting. We will also try warm fuži, typical pasta with truffles. Drive to Croatia towards Poreč and sightseeing of old town. Visit of great wine producer in special atmosphere with wine tasting.
Drive to hotel, accommodation and overnight. Meals: Breakfast, light lunch
DAY 2 : Brtonigla – Grožnjan – Momjan – Fiorini – Hotel in Istria
At 9:00 after breakfast drive to Grožnjan and guided walk through this little town, also known as a town of artists. Drive to Momjan and visit to famous wine estate, visit to wine cellar and tasting of wines. After, drive to Fiorini and lunch in local restaurant in traditional konoba with traditional Istrian dishes. Visit olive oil estate and tasting of olive oils.
Later, return back to hotel. Overnight.
DAY 3: Brtonigla – Dekani – Goriška Brda, the Slovenian Tuscany
In the morning drive back to Slovenia to small village of Dekani in Slovenian Istria. Visit to famous Slovenian winery. Visit wine cellar and tasting of wines which was among first wine producers under their own Slovenian brand. Then we continue to one of the best Slovenian wine region – to Goriska Brda, renowned as a Slovenian Tuscany. Visit one of most world respectful wine producer in Slovenia, based in the heart of Goriska Brda with wine tasting and tasting menu. In small village of Biljana visit of sparkling wine cellar and tasting of sparkling wine produced with a classical method in the renovated chateau with 800 years old wine cellar dated from 1208. Tasting is held in renovated tasting room with splendid views on the vineyards and Italy.
Accommodation in hotel in Goriska Brda. Overnight
DAY 4: Goriška Brda – Medieval village Štanjel – Šepulje – Pristine village Goče – Ljubljana
At 9:00 we head towards Karst region, the land of numerous natural phenomena and limestone. Visit picturesque Karst village Stanjel, which is also a very romantic place. After visit of local Karst winery and tasting of ecological wines with biodynamic method combined with home-made dried cold meats. Memorable special slow food experience in special atmosphere – This homestead is located in Goče, a small village in the Upper Vipava Valley. The farm is hidden in the narrow streets of the village, which is protected as a monument of the cultural heritage.
In the evening drive to Ljubljana. Arrival to Ljubljana in the evening.
DAY 5: Ljubljana – Ptuj – Jeruzalem – Ljubljana
We head to Ptuj around 8:30, the oldest Slovenian town. Visit to the oldest Slovenian wine cellar with wine tasting. Then continue among hills to Jeruzalem, region blessed by excellent wines. In a local tourist farm time for lunch with wine tasting. Then visit Jeruzalem enoteque and tasting of local wines.
Around 17:00 drive back to Ljubljana. Arrival to Ljubljana 19:00. Overnight.
DAY 6: Ljubljana – Bled – Ljubljana airport
Guided walk through the medieval Old Town and see the main attractions such as the Triple Bridge, St. Nicholas Cathedral and more. Explore the medieval Old Town on the banks of the Ljubljanica River. Visit the city’s bustling central market and discover boutique shops.
Exclusive: Possibility to make wine tasting on the boat on Ljubljanica river.
Leave for Bled. A tour of Bled features its lakeshore and a visit to Bled Castle, perched on a cliff high above the lake. The Slovenian town of Bled is often called the pearl of the Alps. With its emerald-green lake and medieval castle from the 11th century perched high on a cliff above, you won’t find its beauty paralleled anywhere else in Slovenia.
At 17:00 transfer to the airport and flight back home.
This program is just a sample and we can adapt it according to your needs and preferences. Please, contact us to make for you the most tasty tailor – made program which you have never experienced before.
- Buffet breakfast
- Accommodation in a double room in hotel as per program
- Local English-speaking guides for stated sightseeing
- Truffle hunting demonstration and tasting of truffle products
- Light lunch with fuži pasta (Day 1)
- Tasting of wines in wine estate near Lim Fjord
- Tasting of wines in Croatian most respectful wine estate near Groznjan and visit of wine cellar
- Lunch in Fiorini (Day 2)
- Tasting of olive oil
- Tasting of wines by Slovenian seaside
- Lunch at world known Slovenian wine producer at his homestead with lunch and tasting of wines (Day 3)
- Visit to Sparkling wine cellar and tasting of sparkling wines
- Tasting of Karst ecological wines (biodynamic method) at renowned Slovenian wine producer with cold meats
- Memorable slow food lunch above Vipava Valley with wines (cca. 4 hours on Day 4)
- Visit wine region of Jeruzalem with wine tasting
- Visit oldest wine cellar in Ptuj with wine tasting
- Lunch in tourist farm in Jeruzalem (Day 5)
- Entrance fee to Bled castle
- Touring with air-con coach
- All taxes
- Emergency contact service
What's not included
- All air travel and associated costs
- All meals except breakfast unless stated otherwise in the itinerary
- All items of a personal nature (e.g. beverages, telephone calls, laundry, personal insurance)
- Anything not specifically mentioned in the “Inclusions” list above.