Loire Valley day tour from Paris
An unforgettable day in the Loire Valley! Visit Chambord Castle and two family-run wineries,
have lunch at a winemaker’s and enjoy magnificent panoramas on the vineyards. Wine
Passport has it all organized: from your departure to your way back, your guide will take care
of everything for you.
When to book - availability
- Discover the wonders of the Loire Valley
- Visit the magnificent Chateau of Chambord
- Enjoy a gourmet wine & food pairing lunch
Want to see splendid Renaissance Castles and taste delicious Loire Valley wines? At the end
of this 11-hour wine & culture day tour, you will have fallen in love with Chambord
impressive architecture and with the diversity of Loire Valley wines.
After early morning hotel pickup in Paris, travel with your wine expert guide approx. 2h
south of the city in direction of Chambord Castle. En route, bite into flaky croissants and
pastries while hearing about the winemaking region of Loire and its heritage.
Arrive at Chambord Castle in the morning for an audioguided tour. Come away knowing the
secrets behind this magnificent « Château », constructed by King Francis I of France five
hundred years ago.
Back in your air-conditioned minivan, pass through the vineyards of Touraine, Vouvray and
Montlouis sur Loire. Admire the colorful landscapes of Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc and
Cabernet Franc grapes.
Settle in at a family-run Vouvray Wine estate, where you'll meet the winemaker and enjoy a
delicious meal of traditional food, paired with a wine tasting.
After lunch, discover another family-run winery and depending on availability, taste
sparkling white wines, dry and sweet white wines, red and rosé wines. Here, you'll get to
taste authentic Loire Valley wines largely unavailable in the rest of the world.
During the day, if the weather allows it, your guide will take you into the vines to explain
what is being done at the moment!
You&'ll be dropped off in central Paris (Hôtel de Ville) in the early evening.
- 11-hours wine-day tour of the Loire Valley region from Paris
- Visit the Château (Castle) of Chambord
- Discover two family-run wineries and enjoy a tasting at each site
- Enjoy a delicious lunch and wine tasting at a traditional, family-run estate
- Enjoy magnificent panoramas on various Loire Valley Castles
- Small-group tour limited to eight people to ensure personalized attention
- Pick up at your hôtel in Paris, drop off in central Paris (Hôtel de Ville)
- English-speaking & wine expert guide sharing knowledge and anecdotes
What's not included
Not wheelchair accessible