LAS PALMAS culinaria: Walking food tour in the historical old town
Join our unique tour to experience the perferct combination of traditional food and history!
When to book - availability
- Visit local producers' businesses
- Discover the "taste" of this pulsating harbour town
- Learn about the history of the city
The exploratory tour lasting more than three hours includes delicacies from a market hall and small localities. Get to know their owners personally and find out more about their shops and restaurants. We will also inform you about the history of the town, the varied architecture of the two town districts and the cultural diversity of the island metropolis.
Come with us through idyllic little alleys to carefully selected shops and restaurants, where you will be served typical foods, so you can also discover the "taste" of this pulsating harbour town.
Culinary highlights (subject to changes):
• Mercado Vegueta (old town market)
• Typical canarian cafeteria
• Restaurant in a famous hotel
• Various small shops
Cultural or historical landmarks (subject to changes):
• Teatro Peréz Galdós
• Mercado de la Vegueta
• Plaza & Ermita Espíritu Santo
• Plaza & Catedral de Santa Ana
• Casa Colon
• Plaza de las Ranas (frog square)
• Alameda de Colon/Iglesia S. Francisco
• Gabinete Literario
• Hotel Madrid
• Calle Mayor de Triana & neighbourhood
• Parque San Telmo
At the beginning of the tour, we provide you with a free brochure with the main highlights, a brief introduction to our culinary partners as well as a map with relevant information. So, you can visit our culinary partners once again on your own.
During the tours, we visit at least five of selected culinary partners (shops, market stalls, restaurants, cafeterias and bars). These offer you a selection of local dishes self-service in the form of finger food, "al fresco". For most people the quantity and quality of food is very good, and you may not need to eat a meal afterwards.
• Food tasting
• Professional local guide
• Info brochure
• Liability insurance
What's not included
- Entrance fees
- Bus transfer from/to Maspalomas (optional)
- Until 72 hours before starting without costs;
- within 72 and 24 hours before starting 50 %;
- less than 24 hours and "no show" 100 %.