Intangible Culture Heritage of Cordoba on 3 Patios Tour
Experience Andalusian architecture, food and culture on a walking tour of Cordoba.
When to book - availability
- Visit the Cordoba's Jewish Quarter
- Explore some of the city's 3 or 4 most famous patios
- Taste some delicious local tapas and drinks
There are two main types of patio in Cordoba. The first is at a one-family home in which the rooms are arranged around the courtyars. These usually have arches and either a clay tiled or decorative pebbled floor. The second type is called a neighbor's house (casa de vecinos). Here the individual homes look out onto the courtyard.
There are usually two floors and the courtyard is made all the more attractive by the long balconies, staircases and baked clay roof tiles. The floors usually have decorative pebbles and there is often a well instead of a fountain, as well as a communal washing room.
Join us on this 3-hour tour of the Jewish Quarter and the most famous patios of the city. We will finish the tour with a tasting of local tapas and one of my favorite tapas taverns in the city. And what goes better with Cordoban tapas than Cordoban wine or sherry?
On this tour we will walk around the Jewish Quarter of Cordoba and then visit some of the city's most famous patios, that have been awarded prizes in the past few years. We'll point out some of the main architectural differences between the two types of patios you will see in Cordoba.
Finally, we will have a goodtime drinking some wine and eating tapas with possibly some live local music.
- Guided tour of Cordoba's Jewish Quarter.
- Tour of Cordoba's most famous patios.
- A tasting of typical Andalusian tapas, like salmorejo, rabo de toro (oxtail) and artichokes.
- Some Andalusian wine, beer or sherry.
- 90% of payment, if the cancellation is made 15 or more days prior to a tour;
- 75% of payment, if the cancellation is made within 14 to 7 days prior to a tour;
- 50% of payment, if the cancellation is made within 6 to 2 days prior to a tour;
- No refunds will be given for cancellations made within 48 hours prior to a tour;
- No shows will receive no refund.