Hvar Island Wine & Gourmet tour
Visit the beautiful old town of Jelsa, and many more beatuful wineries and sights on the Hvar island.
When to book - availability
- Wine tasting with a snack at the Tomić Winery
- Wine tasting with a snack at the Duboković Winery
- A visit to Sveta Nedjelja and the Zlatan Otok Winery + meal + wine tasting
We will depart from Split in the early morning hours and embark on a catamaran to Hvar (Jelsa). After a 1.5-hour boat ride we will reach our first destination, the beautiful old town of Jelsa, where you will be received by your hostess Maja. She is a professional sommelier and a wine tour guide who will take you to the most remarkable wine establishments on the island. Our first stop will be the Tomić Winery, where you will taste their wines in an ancient wine cellar with arched ceilings and stone pillars, modelled on the Emperor Diocletian’s cellars. The amazing interior of this wine cellar (called Triclinium) will make you feel like a Patrician attending a Dionysian feast in the ancient Rome. Wine tastings may, depending on your preference, include 3 – 8 quality and premium wines and a snack (home-made bread with some local cheese and Dalmatian prosciutto).
Next, we will take a pleasant walk by the sea to our second destination – the Duboković Winery. We will enjoy the exquisite wines made by Croatia’s leading boutique winemaker in a candle-lit wine cellar, accompanied by a delicious appetizer. Indigenous varieties – Bogdanjuša, Maraština, Drnekuša and Plavac Mali – presented in a very special way, as wines with a story and history, will fascinate even the pickiest palates.
Our scenic tour of the Hvar wine country will include a short ride through picturesque old villages boasting spectacular panoramic views to the legendary Zlatan Otok Winery, located in Sveta Nedjelja. At their family-owned restaurant Bilo idro we will have a nice meal featuring only the freshest fish and seafood. We will taste their signature wines in a unique underwater wine cellar below the restaurant with sea bottom views. At the conclusion of your tour we may return to your hotel/private accommodation in the late evening hours or spend the night in a holiday house on the island and take a catamaran to Split in the morning.
- Pick-up at the meeting point in the centre of Split and a boat trip from Split to Jelsa (Hvar Island)
- Tour of the Tomić Winery - visit to the wine cellar & wine tasting with a snack (home-made bread with some local cheese and Dalmatian prosciutto)
- A short sightseeing tour of Jelsa
- Tour of the the Duboković Winery - visit to the wine cellar & wine tasting (6 wines) with a delicious appetizer
- Tour of the Zlatan Otok Winery: a delicious fish meal paired with Zlatan Otok wines and served in the family restaurant surrounded by the sea, wine tasting at the wine cellar under the sea
- Boat trip from Jelsa (Hvar Island) to Split
- Transport back to the meeting point