Honey Making Tour on Solta Island, Croatia
Learn everything about bees and make your own honey ons Solta.
- Learn everything about bees and make your own honey
- See hives in the unspoiled nature and be a beekeeper.
- Meet local producers and see what they are doing.
- Enjoy wonderful lunch made with local ingredients, olive oil and wine.
Making honey is an unforgettable experience and here on Šolta, you can discover this unique opportunity with the island's premier producer, the Tvrdic family. For more than three generatiions, Tvrdic honey has been enjoyed not only in Croatia, but all over the world.
Your guide is Goran Tvrdic, like his father and grandfather,a beekeeper who lives on this beautiful island year round and is ready to share his passion.
Due to its climate, geographic location, and the abundance of wild rosemary, the island of Solta has been known for its honey since the time of the Romans and today is recognized as one of the best in Europe.
Your honey-making experience begins on the beautiful southern side of the island, where Tvridc bee hives have been placed in the midst of unspoiled nature. First, Goran will introduce to the world of bees—how they live, how important they are in everyday life and learn fascinating details like to create just 100 grams of honey bees must collect nectar from more than xxxxx flowers!
After learning about bees, now it's time to suit up in protective gear and open the hive to see what a "home of bees" actually looks like! Then, using nectar-filled honeycombs, you'll get a chance to make your own honey the old fashioned way—by putting honeycomb frames into a metal cylinder and cranking it by hand to coas out the honey by using simple centrifigal force!
After this unique adventure, we'll take time for a short visit to Olynthia Natura to see how the olive oil is made before enjoying a traditional island lunch with homemade Dobricic Šolta wine.
THINGS TO BRING: bathing suite if you wish to swimm
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Time spent on the tour is effective, and does not include waiting or ferry ride
Ferry from Split departs exactly 1 hour before the starting time.
During July and August we recommend earlier ferry to awoid the heat
- April 1st - Jun 1st every day at 12:15 pm,
- Jun 2nd - October 1st every day at 7:45am or 10:15 am
- October 2nd - October 29th every day at 12:15 pm,
*Ferry from Split departs exactly 1 hour before the starting time.
- All programs
- Local and experienced guide
- Lunch with wine
- A jar of honey
What's not included
- Ferry tickets
- For cancellation made up to 10 days before the the tour starts cancellation fee is 10% of the booking price,
- For cancellation made up to 2 days before the tour starts cancellation fee is 20% of the booking price.
- No refunds can be provided for late arrivals or no shows.