Handmade Pasta Cooking Class in Palermo
When to book - availability
- Make authentic, fresh Sicilian pasta, in different shapes and size such as the typical ‘’busiate’’ from Trapani, or the classical ‘’tagliatelle’’.
- Discover the best filling and sauces for your pasta dishes
- Delicious meal of pasta dishes prepared, a dessert and two paired wines, a white and a red
Come in our kitchen and enjoy a hands-on cooking class followed by a wonderful full course meal. Join a unique cooking classes in Palermo and discover the secrets of our traditional cuisine. You will learn how to cook some of authentic and Sicilian typical dishes (pasta al forno, sarde a beccafico, arancine, pasta con le sarde, involtini di pesce spada, cannoli, cassata and much more).
We start with a walking tour around the famous Capo Market, where chef Patricia or Giuliana will give you plenty of tips on picking local, seasonal products.
They will go to visit together with you the fruit & vegetable vendor to find out what’s in season and the fishmonger to choose the best fresh catch of the day in Palermo’s historic fish market. You will pick up the ingredients for your hands-on cooking class while learning about the local in-season products, Patricia and Giuliana’s family traditional recipes. Their main inspiration is based on the roots of a familiar cooking tradition, mother and grand mother excellent cooks, improved by the experience, the study, but most of all because of passion!
Along the way going back home you will pass through the most beautiful historical area of the city, rich of monuments and beauty, before arriving in our charming home nearby the old market Vucciria, where you will continue your cooking experience and you will end your day adventure enjoying the food you have prepared in a friendly and casual atmosphere!!
Each hands-on cooking class includes the preparation of a full Sicilian menu including a typical Sicilian dessert. Lunch or dinner follow featuring the foods prepared in class and are accompanied by a selection of very good local Sicilian wines, dessert included.
Our Sicilian cooking course is set in an elegant setting with an experienced chef with a wider experience about the sicilian world of wines, of sicilian culture and history.
You will discover what makes Sicilian cuisine different: the food, certainly, but there's much much more... Take home the taste of Sicily! Don't miss out!
- Hands-on pasta-making class with a professional chef
- Preparation of 3 different pasta dishes, and dessert
- Delicious meal of prepared dishes together with wine and water
- Tasting of local wines and food products
- Main topics and recipes of the dishes prepared during the class