Gubbio and Fonte Avellana Monastery with Lunch
- 5 persons and more: €102.00 per person
- 6 persons and more: €100.00 per person
- 7 persons and more: €86.00 per person
- 8 persons and more: €75.00 per person
When to book - availability
- Discover the unique city of Gubbio
- Have lunch in the Bistro’ Mastro Giorgio, a typical local restaurant
- Visit the Fonte Avellana Monastery, at the foot of Monte Catria
Discover the best preserved Medieval Town in the world. A mystic place full of history and traditions. Take your time to live unforgettables moments walking between old palaces and squares, world famous art shops and breathtaking landscapes. Gubbio is the second town of St. Francesco d'Assisi and Dante Alighieri used to write about it on his Divine Comedy.
TYPICAL LOCAL LUNCH AT “BISTRO' MASTRO GIORGIO”. In the afternoon: GUIDED TOUR OF “FONTE AVELLANA MONASTERY”
The monastery of “Fonte Avellana (hazelnut spring)“ is located at the green foot of Monte Catria (1701 meters) and it's built at 700 meters over sea level. This majestic monastery was built at the end of the X century, around the year 980 when some hermits decided to build the first cells of an hermitage that, after many centuries became this wonderful building. The spirituality of the founding members has been influenced by San Romualdo di Ravenna, Father of St.Benedetto's congregation. The monastery is famous for it's library and because a legend says that Dante Alighieri wrote there some chapters of “Divine Comedy”.
Return in hotel around 6.30 p.m
- Visit the city of Gubbio
- Guided Tour of the Fonte Avellana Monastery
- Lunch in a traditional restaurant with drinks
- Hotel pick-up and transport
- Cancel up to 48 hours before to get 75% refund.
- No refund if cancellation is notified later than 48 hours