Golden stones Beaujolais
When to book - availability
- An excursion based on wine and rural beauty
- The typical charms of the villages in golden stone
- An insight into the French-style way of life
Departing from Lyons, we travel together in our luxurious minibus around the small roads of southern Beaujolais. Among the hills and valleys, magnificent villages in golden stone reveal their warm colours and beautiful light. Unique in the region, this ochre stone defines the landscape which offers an exceptionally soothing environment.
We will then take advantage of this authentic setting to enjoy an introduction to wine-tasting in the heart of the vineyards. By tasting three different wines accompanied by a pastry, we will pass on our passion for wine to you. In particular, we will explain the notion of “terroir”, which is behind the uniqueness of the different vineyards.
We will then visit Oingt, a 12th century village listed as one of the Most Beautiful Villages of France. Here, along its narrow streets, you will discover the authentic charms of its medieval monuments.
Then, we will continue our itinerary through this magnificent setting and take advantage of the exceptional landscapes that offer glimpses over the Alps.
Finally, our last stopover at a wine-maker’s estate will complete your knowledge of wine. During the visit to the estate, he will be happy to reveal the secrets of his know-how. To round off the half-day tour, he will invite you to taste some wines accompanied by a “mâchon”. This traditional snack from Lyons will offer you the chance to discover local cold meats and cheeses.
- Luxurious minibus excursion (such as a Mercedes Viano)Introduction to wines, tasting in the vineyards
- All-inclusive package: transport, tasting and snacks included
- All tastings are accompanied by a regional culinary speciality