Food & Shop Tour Marseille
An enthusiastic guide brings history back to life with stories, images, smell and tasting experiences of local delicacies. Discover the gemmes of Marseille through a delightful and captivating experience
- 3 hour guided tour in the historic centre of Marseille
- Passionate and experenced local guide
- 10 stops
- A wine and gastronomy and culture specialist guide
- See local markets and shops
- Off the beaten path and amazing walks only the locals know about
- An overview of local history
- Small intimate groups
- All guaranteed to get your taste buds tingling
We’ll start in the oldest neighborhood in France, le Panier, where we’ll wind our way up the little streets stopping here and there to meet the craftsmen, culinary specialists and artists who will be happy to show us some of their gems which contribute to Marseille ‘s unique character.
Your guide will describe some of the legends and traditions dating from the Greeks to the Romans to modern day Marseille as we stroll along tasting sweet and savory delicacies. Pastis is the preferred aperitif here so we’ll visit a place where it is actually made right on the Old Port. It goes well with panis, one of their favorite snacks, which we’ll also try.
You’ll see historic buildings and peak in artists’ studios, if you like.
Marseille is famous for its soap and santons (figurines) so we’ll visit these proud, and rightly so, craftsmen and check out their wares.
La Canebiére, considered the Champs Elysées of Marseille , will lead us up to the Arab Market where you’ll be transported into another world of delights. You might think you’re in a souk in Morocco.
There are a oenology course
- Olive oil chocolat
- Navette ( Marseille's biscuit)
- Panisse ( Chickpea pancake)
- Local pastries
- Cheese tastings
- Oriental specialities
- Menthe tea
- Wine tastings
- Olive oil
- Pastis ( Aniseed aperitif)
- Bottle of water
- Transfer in car
- 10 tastings
- The markets visits
- Guided tour in English
Cancel up to 2 days before to get a full refund.