Extended Montserrat, Tapas & Wine tour
Experience a wonderful gastronomical and wine tasting experience along with an extended visit to Montserrat Monastery Visit.
When to book - availability
- Incredible views from the cogwheel train on the ride up to Montserrat
- Experience an extended visit to Montserrat Monastery
- Attend the Boy’s Choir performance (l’Escolania de Montserrat)*
- Tour through a 10th century castle
- Three exclusive wine tasting
- Maximum of 16 people per guide
- Traditional tapas brunch
Enjoy homemade local liquors and a try traditional Catalan sweet pastry. Learn about organic wine-making process at an estate winery.
Extended visit to Montserrat Monastery
Your tour departs from central Barcelona at 9:45, from which we will head for the village of Monistrol de Montserrat. From Monistrol you will take the “Cremallera de Montserrat”, a cogwheel train offering great views of the countryside and the mountain.
Your guides will then transmit their passion and knowledge of the landmark to you – history, legends and the importance of this site in the development of Catalonia. After walking through the monastery, you will have some free time for shopping at the Farmer’s Market or taking a couple of pictures at the Stairway to Heaven.
It is now time for food and wine at Oller del Mas Cellar
Only a short drive away awaits Oller del Mas Cellar, located in a 10th century castle. A delicious local cold tapas lunch will be offered during the wine tasting at the winery. The lunch consists a cold Catalan-style tapas lunch with a dessert. Any dietary restrictions are also catered for in this option.
Located in a 10th century castle at the feet of Montserrat, this organic family-run winery is surely one of a kind. Your local guide will lead a visit to the vineyards, the old family cellar, and certain private areas of the castle. To end this perfect day, you will sample three château organic red wines paired with three portions of artisanal cheese. The tour departs from Oller del Mas at 16:00 or 18:00 (if lunch option selected).
9:45 Meet at Plaza Catalunya (in front of Hard Rock Café)
11:00 Arrival to Monistrol de Montserrat
11:15 Cogwheel train to Montserrat Monastery
11:30 Guided visit through Montserrat Monastery
13:35 Departure from Montserrat
14:15 Welcome drink & visit through Oller del Mas Castle and Cellar
14:30 Three premium wine tasting, tapas brunch and cheese platter
15:30 Stroll through the vineyards and wine-making plant
16:30 Departure from Oller del Mas
17:30 Arrival to Barcelona (Plaza Catalunya, in front of the Hard Rock Café)*
*Arrival time is approximate depending on the traffic conditions
Good to know
- Tour starts at 10:00 am, please be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- Once at the meeting point, please look for a bright pink umbrella.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended as there is some walking involved. Please check the weather the day before your tour! It can be cold and/or rainy in Montserrat. Note that Montserrat is a religious site – please dress accordingly.
- All dietary allergies or restrictions are catered for. Please let us know upon booking.
- Please note that the way back to Barcelona takes around 1 h – 1 h 30 minutes depending on traffic conditions.
- Please note that we reserve the right to modify itinerary if considered necessary.
- Please notify us if you are interested in hearing the boys' choir during this experience. Please note that the Boys’ Choir doesn’t perform on Saturdays, school holidays and several other dates throughout the year.
- We work daily with different low-production, family-owned boutique wineries. Due to logistic reasons, you might visit another cellar instead of Oller del Mas.
- Shared transportation in air-conditioned bus
- Professional, local, English-speaking guide
- Cogwheel train ticket
- Visit through Montserrat National Park and Sanctuary
- Visit through Oller del Mas
- Delicious tapas brunch (tapas option only)
- Three exclusive wine tasting
- Maximum of 16 people per guide *Please note that l’Escolania does not perform on Saturdays, school holidays and several other dates throughout the year
What's not included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tips and gratuities
- Multi-course Catalan meal with wine (lunch option only)
- Cancel up to 1 day before to get a full refund.