Explore and Taste Chania Walking Tour
When to book - availability
- Discover the flavours, smells, unique images, history and feelings of Chania
- Enjoy unique tastes and learn about the traditional Cretan products and their rich and interesting history
- Discover the Town’s most important monuments!
Follow your knowledgeable guide to a discovery journey of flavours, smells, unique images, history and feelings, that will allow you to get to know the city and its’ people.
Seize the opportunity to explore this beautiful town with your five senses like a local!
While experiencing unique tastes and learning about the traditional Cretan products and the rich and interesting history they are bound with, you will also discover the Town’s most important monuments!
- Visit the Greek Christian Orthodox Cathedral (the Church of the Three Martyrs) from the 1860s!
- Taste some of the finest Cretan olives and olive oil!
- Visit the old quarter (now, alas, also overwhelmed by modern tourist enterprises.
- Visit the Plateia Venizelou (known as “Sintrivani”) the large clearing at the far curve of the old harbor - now distinguished by its marble fountain.
- Taste a coffee at a traditional coffee roasting shop.
- Visit the Great Municipal Market (ca. 1911).
- Taste honey and smell the herbs in the Market.
- Taste the famous “Bougatsa”, the “paximadia”, the “kalitsounia”, Cretan cheese and tasty “loukoumades”!
- Visit the “Splatzia” (Plateia 1821) and the Greek Christian Orthodox Church of St. Nicholas, a - once - Venetian Catholic monastery, where you will Taste a local beer or a local soft drink.
- Food specialist guide
- Food & Beverages sampling
- Food Tour Brochure
What's not included
- Lunch or dinner
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Gratuities (gratuity rates in Greece are around 10% of service cost)
- Up to 72 hours prior to the scheduled tour: full refund, apart from the charge due to AWT for the use of a credit card.
- Between 72 and 48 hours prior to the scheduled tour: 50% refund, plus any other expenses, i.e. credit card charges or cancellation charges for means of transportation that may have been reserved for the tour.
- Less than 48 hours prior to the scheduled tour or if customers do not show up at the agreed meeting point: no refund