Cooking Class Lisbon: Pastel de Nata Workshop at REAL Bakery
This is the only cooking class in Lisbon where you'll get to learn about pastry making at a real award-winning Portuguese bakery!
When to book - availability
- Go inside the kitchen of João's "pastelaria" in downtown Lisbon
- Roll the previously made dough like the pros do
- Eat the warm tarts along with some coffee
We'll go inside the kitchen of João's "pastelaria" in downtown Lisbon, that won 3rd Best Pastel de Nata in Lisbon in 2018. This is where you will learn how to bake the irresistible Portuguese Custard Tarts (aka Pastel de Nata) everybody is raving about these days.
This class is open to all levels, even if you don't have previous baking experience. As long as you like sweet treats, we like you!
We'll roll the previously made dough like the pros do, make the custard from scratch and bake it all inside a professional oven. João will entertain us with stories about his life as a baker - feel free to ask him anything about Portuguese sweets!
In the end, we'll eat the warm tarts along with some coffee or, even better, some sour cherry liquor served inside an edible chocolate cup, while hanging out with the other participants.
- - Pastry Class: all professional equipment and ingredients needed are provided
- - Pastel de Nata tasting (3 tarts for you to eat as soon as they come out of the oven or to take home!)
- - Drink of your choice: coffee, tea or sour cherry liquor (aka Ginjinha)
- Reach out if you have any questions or you'd like to organize this event for a private group. We can organize workshops in English, French, Spanish or Portuguese!
Refunds up to 7 days before event