Christmas Cooking Vacation in Italy 2017
Join our unique Christmas vacation in Italy. Enjoy the magic of Christmas and an amazing culinary experience!
- 2 persons and more: €1,100.00 per person
- 3 persons and more: €860.00 per person
- 5 persons and more: €750.00 per person
- 7 persons and more: €700.00 per person
When to book - availability
- 3 Hand-on cooking classes
- Corciano Tour
- Assisi Tour
- Gubbio Tour
- See the biggest tree in the world
- Accomodation in the apartment of the farmhouse "La volpe e l'uva"
We give you the opportunity to have a taste of the Christmas atmosphere in Italy joining in our unique Christmas vacation package in Italy. In Umbria the food traditions in the Christmas time have been deeply respected and kept for centuries.
During the celebration of Christmas, Umbria becomes magic! Illuminated building and houses are sparkling. In each house, the family prepares home decorations, makes cookies and biscuits. Music and songs take part of the holly fest.
DAY BY DAY ITINERARY OF THE CHRISTMAS TOUR
Sunday 17th December- Arrive
Arrival at the country farm “La volpe e l’uva” (Perugia, Central Italy, Umbria, near Tuscany). Check-in your apartment at 4:00pm.
Monday 18th December- Cooking class + Corciano Tour
Hands-on cooking lesson starts around 10:00 am. You will prepare a four course lunch. For lunch you will eat your creations accompanied by our wines. In the afternoon you will visit the cities of Corciano accompanied by a professional guide. Corciano is a classic central Italian medieval town. It sits on a hill, is surrounded by a city wall and is full of priceless works of art and architecture. ‘Presepe a Corciano‘ takes place over the Christmas period. The streets of the whole town feature scenes from the Nativity with life size models of shepherds, children, animals etc. The event also coincides with the “Mercato dei sapori di qualità” where visitors can taste typical Umbrian food and wine products.
Tuesday 19th December– Cooking class + Assisi Tour
Hands-on cooking lesson starts around 10:00 am. You will prepare a four course lunch. For lunch you will eat your creations accompanied by our wines. You will visit the mystical city of Assisi, a beautiful medieval town based on Mount Subasio, overlooking a peaceful Umbrian landscape. Assisi is essentially known for the fact that it’s the place of birth of St. Francis in and that of Santa Chiara. You will visit the city and the famous churches like the St. Francis Church filled with spectacular frescoes by Giotto, and also the Eremo delle Carcer,a peacefully isolated church and monastery in the wooded slopes just outside Assisi’s walls and the St. Damiano church. Professional guide in the tour.
Wednesday 20th December- Cooking class + Gubbio Tour
Hands-on cooking lesson starts around 10:00 am. You will prepare a four course lunch. For lunch you will eat your creations accompanied by our wines. You will visit Gubbio with a professional guide. Lying on the slopes of Monte Ingino, it is one of the most ancient towns of Umbria, extremely well preserved during centuries and rich of monuments testifying its glorious past. Here in the Christmas time you can see the Christmas tree which every year in the evening on 7 December, Immaculate Conception eve, lights along the slopes of Monte Ingino. It is the biggest tree in the world, by now a real symbol of Gubbio.
Thursday 21th December – Departure
- Accommodation in the apartment of the farmhouse “la volpe e l’uva” in Perugia
(40mq, lounge with cooking area and double sofa bed double bedroom and bathroom), included bed linen, towels, final cleaning. Extra heating on consumption.
- 3 breakfasts (in your apartment you will find coffee, milk, biscuits, jams, butter and sugar)
- 3 cooking classes of approximately 4 hours,
- 3 Four course meal from the cooking lesson;
- Umbrian wines during meals, liquors for after dinner/lunch;
- Certificate of participation;
- Folder with all the recipes;
- Apron of Let’s cook in Umbria
- Corciano Tour
- Assisi Tour
- Gubbio Tour
- Cancel up to 30 days before - get 70% refund.
- Cancel up between 30 and 14 days before - get 50% refund.
- Cancel 14 days before and - no refund possible.