Champagne Tour: History, Vineyards and Cellars of the Champagne Region
- 2 persons and more: €400.00 per person
- 3 persons and more: €267.00 per person
- 4 persons and more: €240.00 per person
- 5 persons and more: €192.00 per person
- 6 persons and more: €160.00 per person
- 7 persons and more: €138.00 per person
- 8 persons and more: €120.00 per person
When to book - availability
- You can modify the stops as you want
- Visit the historic city of Reims, the capital of Champagne
- Discover the charming village of Hautvilliers, where Dom Perignon perfected the art of Champagne
- Enjoy lunch in the lovely town of Epernay
- Take a tour of the underground cellars and be educated on the Champagne making process
- Experience the contrast of a smaller producer and sample their Champagne
The Champagne Region is just over an hour from Paris and makes an ideal day trip for wine lovers. We will visit historical sites, drive through stunning landscape and charming villages and of course drink champagne!
Your guide will explain the historical origins of Champagne and the significance of Reims and its cathedral. You’ll also hear the fascinating story of Dom Perignon and how he perfected the art of Champagne production.
Later we’ll visit one of the premier Champagne Houses in Epernay and a smaller producer for contrast. You’ll learn how this iconic wine is produced and take a tour into the underground cellars.
As the tour is completely private and personal, you’ll have flexibility to modify the stops on the day. Just talk to your guide to see what is possible. The itinerary below is an example of a standard itinerary for this Champagne tour.
HOTEL PICK UP
We'll pick you up from your hotel around 7.30am to start our adventure to Champagne country. Just sit back and relax and we'll give you an introduction to the history of the Champagne. The drive is approximately 1 hour.
Our first stop will be in the historic city of Reims, the capital of Champagne. We will visit the classic gothic cathedral and learn about its history and significance in the origins of Champagne.
DOM PERIGNON'S STORY
Next we will head to the charming village of Hautvilliers. Here at Saint Peter's Abbey a young monk by the name of Dom Perignon perfected the art of making Champagne. We will also visit his final resting place.
LUNCH IN EPERNAY
Next we will have a break for lunch in the lovely town of Epernay. Your guide will be able to recommend some restaurant options for you. Why not treat yourself to a glass of Champagne?
CHAMPAGNE HOUSE VISIT
After lunch we will proceed to your choice of Champagne house. You will be taken on a tour of the underground cellars and be educated on the Champagne making process. Your tour will conclude in the tasting room where you will have a chance to sample this exquisite wine and make a toast to Dom Perignon.
Next we'll have the opportunity to experience the contrast of a smaller producer and sample their Champagne. This is often a highlight for our guests.
RETURN TO HOTEL
Once the tour concludes we'll jump back in the vehicle and start the drive back to Paris. We aim to return to your hotel at around 5.30pm. If you’d prefer us to take you to a bar or restaurant to continue your evening in Paris, then please let us know.
- All Transport
- Licensed Guide
- Entry to Cathedral & Abbey are Free
What's not included
- Ticket to Champagne House
- Tasting Fees
Cancel up to 2 days before to get a full refund.