Champagne day tour from Paris
An unforgettable day in Champagne! Take advantage of your stay in Paris to discover
Champagne and its famous bubbles for an entire day. Wine Passport takes care of
everything for you: from your departure to your way back, you will be guided and will come
back with sparkles in your eyes!
When to book - availability
- Spend an unforgettable day in Champagne
- Taste & see the best of the Champagne region
- Enjoy a delicious meal of traditional food
Welcome on board for this unique and fully-designed guided tour of the Champagne region,
homeland of the world's most prestigious sparkling wines! Wine Passport has set you up a
privileged day tour across the magnificent region of Champagne, where our wine expert
guide will drive you. Every secret about the history of Champagne will be fully revealed to
you. A land where the uniqueness of the soils was combined with the expertise of regional
winemakers to make a legendary sparkling wine, symbol of elegance throughout centuries
and all around the world.
How about kicking off your day by visiting the cellars and enjoying a tasting at one of the
world's most famous Champagne Houses? Don't miss the opportunity to walk along the
"Avenue de Champagne" in Epernay and to admire the old and typical architecture of the
prestigious Champagne Estates that surrounds it.
A scrumptious lunch with regional food paired with the different Champagnes of the house
will be then warmly served for you in a family-run Champagne winery. You will also have the
chance to taste another regional wine specialty: the Ratafia!
After lunch, enjoy a magnificent sightseeing over the vineyards and drive to the lovely village
of Hautvillers. According to the legend, it is in Hautvillers' Abbey that Dom Perignon made
sparkling Champagne for the first time more than three hundred years ago!
During the day, if the weather allows it, your guide will take you into the vines to explain
what is being done at the moment!
Finish your day on bubbly notes with a the visit of a family-run winery. The winemaker might
teach you about the art of 'sabrage' or if 'disgorgement à la volée'! Enjoy the tasting of
several Champagnes, before heading back to Paris.
- Pick up in central Paris or at your hotel, drop off in central Paris
- Transport by comfortable, air-conditioned minivan (8 passengers max)
- Guided visit of one of world's most renowned Champagne Houses + Champagne tasting
- Visit and tasting in a small and traditional Champagne House
- Gourmet lunch at a familial Champagne house with many glasses of their wines & Ratafias
- Walk along the Avenue de Champagne in Epernay, visit of the abbey of Hautvillers (Dom Perignon's village) and panoramic view over the vineyard
- English-speaking & wine expert guide sharing knowledge and anecdotes
What's not included
- Not wheelchair accessible