Parma food tour half-day
- Visit a great Parma ham and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese producer
- Taste our excellent local products
- Local professional gourmet guide
- Mouthwatering traditional lunch
Get picked up at your hotel in Parma to begin your delicious tour of the area at 9am. Head first for a cheese factory to see how milk is transformed into Parmigiano-Reggiano. Learn how this cheese, devoid of any chemical additive, can be aged for years to improve its quality. Learn to recognize the various aging stages thanks to the tasting led by an expert.
Proceed to discover another culinary specialty of this area: Parma ham. In the ham-producing house, you will see every phase of the curing of the meat and taste the final result, yielded by meticulous aging.
Your tour ends in a local restaurant where you can enjoy all the specialties of the Parma region matched with excellent local wines like Lambrusco and Malvasia. Taste different types of salami, as well as the tortelli d'erbetta, a pasta stuffed with ricotta and herbs, a traditional dish of Parma. As for dessert, you will discover the famous Sbrisolona and other dry pies. Lunch also includes water, wine and coffee.
- Local guide
- Entrance to all factories
- Full 3-courses lunch incl.wine
What's not included
- Cancel via email up to 1 week before scheduled tour departure to get a full refund.
- Cancel between 3 and 7 days before scheduled tour departure to get a 50% refund.
- Cancel less than 3 working days before scheduled tour departure or if costumers do not show up, no refunds will be given.