Athens for Foodies
Join this unforgettable tour of the hidden culinary gems of Athens and enjoy the amazing traditional foods of the city!
When to book - availability
- Enjoy the best of Greek food at venues you might not have found on your own
- Taste more than 15 different Greek foods and join an unforgettable gastronomical experience
- Chow down on the best of Greek cuisine with visits to authentic eateries.
- Traveling in small groups or private, you'll enjoy personal attention from your guide.
- Explore the most lively part of the city: the Central Market of Athens
Enjoy 15 (!) tastings of the Greek cuisine as you walk through the non-touristic neighborhoods of Athens, to meet vendors and learn about secret Greek recipes. After meeting your experienced, food-loving guide, set off on your exploration that will introduce you to the local culinary scene. This unforgettable experience will start from Syntagma Square, where you will enjoy a taste of Greece you won't soon forget.
In this 4-hour experience you will get some insights about the enduring history of Greek food and the local culture. Starting your day with a traditional stuffed phyllo pie from a family-run place since the 20’s, you will be lead to hidden culinary gems inside the city that only locals know about.
Visit many different food and pastry shops, off the beaten path taverns and traditional restaurants but also explore the Athens Central Market, the center of Athens commercial life. Being guided by an expert local means nothing will get past you. You'll learn why food is a special element of Greek culture, the different fresh and pure ingredients that the Greek land provides us with during all seasons, how different spices have different uses and what makes Greek cuisine so special.
Featuring 15 delicious tastings like dolmades, pastourma, feta cheese and Greek rice pudding, you'll get to escape the crowds and taste the best of what Athens has to offer. Unlike many Athens food tours, you won't just be sampling mouthfuls. You will taste traditional Greek recipes such as stuffed tomatoes, moussaka, mageiritsa (what a strange name for a traditional Greek recipe!), soutzoukakia (Greek Smyrna meatballs), the dessert of the winners of the ancient Olympic Games and more.
We warn you not to eat breakfast & guarantee there will be no room for lunch!
Cost for Kids 6 to 10 y.o: EUR 25
- A 4-hour food walking tour (small group or private) in Athens
- A guided tour in the central market of Athens
- Loads of culinary, cultural and historical anecdotes
- Services of an exceptional foodie guide
- All food tastings (enough for lunch)
What's not included
- All other personal expenses
- Cancellation more than 5 days prior to scheduled Experience:Full refund, excluding 10% for administrative and credit card fees
- Cancellation 2-4 days prior to scheduled Experience: 50% refund
- Cancellation 24 hours prior to scheduled Experience or No show: No refund