Amarone Wine Tour with a Visit to Verona
- 3 persons and more: €370.00 per person
- 4 persons and more: €330.00 per person
- 5 persons and more: €299.00 per person
- 6 persons and more: €280.00 per person
- 7 persons and more: €260.00 per person
- 8 persons and more: €240.00 per person
- 9 persons and more: €220.00 per person
When to book - availability
- Enjoy a fascinating journey taking in the history and the stunning sights of medieval Verona, home to Shakespearian Romeo and Juliet
- Taste the best versions of Amarone in the heart of wine-making Valpolicella
- Enjoy a delicious lunch in a picturesque restaurant
- Learn from a local expert about the ancient family traditions of wine making, including the special method of Amarone production
- Experience an extensive tasting of some finest versions of Valpolicella wine.
You will start your day with a private guided tour in Verona, where your chauffer will take you after your hotel pickup. Verona will fascinate you with its incomparable flair and you will revel in its art, architecture, opera, and literary heritage. This is a journey across more than 2,000 years, from the foundation of the town right up to the present day. Verona is also the setting for Romeo and Juliet and you will be able to appreciate the atmosphere that Shakespeare conjured in one of his most popular plays.
At lunch, you will discover how Verona’s cultural history is closely tied to its gastronomy and we invite you to try the cuisine of the “valley of many cellars” in a cosy restaurant surrounded by vineyards. Here you will taste the best local ingredients deliciously combined into mouth-watering dishes over three courses.
In the afternoon, you will visit a beautiful winery that produces the best versions of Amarone, which is not only one of the greatest wines of Italy but a world classic. During your private guided tour of the winery you will learn from the local expert about the unique method of making this precious red wine.
The name Amarone derives from the Italian word ‘amaro’, which means ‘bitter’. You will taste several kinds of Amarone and learn to recognise it by its slightly spicy bitterness, which is reminiscent of roasted almonds. At the same time, it is so fine and warm that it will capture your heart with the first sip.
From the wine tasting your chauffeur will drive you back to the hotel.
- Chauffeur driven service (Mercedes E-class)
- Private guided tour in Verona
- Delicious three-course lunch featuring traditional meals paired with wine
- Private guided tour of the winery with the local expert
- Tasting of four types of Amarone wine